Oil and Gas Pipe Line and Pumping Stations
There is a moderate fire risk for pipe racks. Pipe racks are typically a zone 2/22 operation connecting zone 1/21 operations. Depending on the spill fires after leakages. Valves of piper compressors depend on the combustibility of the medium, to be compressed. We will focus on combustible media.
- A leak at a pipe joint containing a hazardous liquid.
- The rupture or loss of containment, during a fire, of surrounding hazardous piping systems, not otherwise compromised, adding fuel to the fire.
- A pipe rack may collapse due to the heat of a fire.
- Spill fires and expanding fires should be expected.
- Monitoring pumps, valves and pipe joints.