Generators are typically applied for backup or emergency purposes. This may be for safety systems such as in hospitals, or to avoid loss of productivity in case of an industrial application, losses by assurance of continuity. In generator rooms typically open fires are to be expected.
Typical Risks and properties
- Hot surfaces of the engine and the exhaust system may ignite Fuel and/or Lubricants.
- Obstructions in the generator room are potential inhibitors so use at least two Flame detectors. Use at least four Flame detectors when voting is applied.
- Oil films may inhibit the Flame Detector in Diesel Generator Rooms.
- Good false alarms immunity.
- Resistance to vibrations and shocks.
- High ventilation rates.
- Rugged Non-conductive housing material.
- Simple to install.
- Able to deal with temperature variations.