Tank Truck Loading
Tank truck loading occurs in multiple applications: refineries, fuel terminals, chemical plants. Until proper grounding was taken as a countermeasure, static discharge was one other most important reasons for fires and explosions.
Typical features for tanks truck loading are:
- Spill fires are to be expected To be monitored are valves, pumps, spill pipes.
- Open fires are to be expected.
- Static electricity and lightning can act as an ignition source.
- The tank truck itself acts as an obstructing object for the detection
- Often a combination of flame detection and a stationary extinguishing installation are mounted.