Gas Service Stations
Gas service stations are characterized by the fact that laymen are present in a hazardous area zone 2 / Div 2 but also zone 1, Div1.
Typical features for Gas service stations are:
- Ignition sources: static discharge, lighter, hot brakes or engines
- High ventilation rates may occur.
- Spill fires and fuel tank fire(because of imprudence)
- Fuel pumps should be monitored; flame detectors can be mounted below the roof
- Tank truck unloading and bulk fuel storage should be monitored
- Pumps and drains should be monitored
- Tank truck unloading and storage tank area should be monitored
Detector choice: recommended IR3 or UV/IR Flame Detectors.